CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Mat Rempit may still become useful citizens

I FONDLY remember a very naughty and mischievous kid in the class next to mine during my secondary school days. He was well-known in the school for his antics. I thought kids like him were useless and would grow up to become the scum of society.

Then the discipline teacher chose him to become a prefect. I was really shocked and still did not regard him highly, being on the board myself. However, I was eventually able to see the good qualities in him and since then, I have had nothing but respect for him.

We tend to blindly regard people who behave outside our standard of behaviour to be scum. We always want to punish the so-called bad guys too eagerly. Many times, we fail to see and accept other people's good qualities.

I'm not suggesting all bad boys may be good. But stop saying the Mat Rempit do not deserve a second chance. Putera Umno is giving them a second chance. Why object? Those who take up the offer today may have their lives changed forever. They may still become useful citizens who will eventually do their parents and country proud.

0 comments: